After much deliberation and careful consideration, the decision has been made to cancel the 2020 Alliance Annual Meeting.
The continuing spread of the COVID-19 makes it impossible to move forward with our event. We have heard from many registrants who have informed us that their institutions and organizations are recommending against or have already restricted nonessential travel, both domestic and international. We are sincerely disappointed to share this news, but it is clear there is no other responsible path forward.
However, we are developing plans to offer a significant portion of our wonderful meeting program in an online webinar series over the next two months —a positive way to engage our Alliance community in the midst of this COVID pandemic. Please stay tuned for additional information!
Please cancel your individual flight reservations.
We encourage you to utilize the Alliance-All Listerv to share relevant information among our members as we navigate the unprecedented impact of this situation on the higher education system and the demands it is placing on our member institutions.
Prioritizing Sector Partnerships
Western Governors Association
Founder and Executive Director
"If Students Come to Us Because They Want Jobs,
Is Giving Them Jobs Enough?"
The Quality Assurance Commons
for Higher and
Featured speakers on the following topics:
- What We Didn’t Know About Higher Education: Student Perspectives
- Reimagining College to Better Serve Rural Areas
- Putting Wellness First on Two-Year Campuses
- The Future of Work and the Role of Higher Education
- Statewide and College Approaches for Promoting Equity in Washington State
- Building an Equity Mindset for Personal, Professional, Organizational, and Systemic Transformation
Other agenda items to include:
- Award Luncheon
- Networking Dinners
Contact Kay Hulstrom, email@example.com, for more information