Forum 2024: Bridging Place and Purpose
- July 31, 2023 – Call for Proposals and Colleague’s Choice Innovation Award nominations open
- October 6, 2023 midnight MDT – Call for Proposals Closes
- November 17, 2023- Colleague’s Choice Innovation Award nominations close
- December 15, 2023 – All speakers and nominees will be notified
- April 3-5, 2024 – Forum Annual Meeting in Honolulu, HI
WICHE is deeply saddened by the news of the tragic fires on Maui in August 2023. It is important to us, especially as a Colorado-based community impacted by a historic wildfire in 2021, that we approach the promotion of our 2024 Forum Annual Meeting in Honolulu with sensitivity and care. The effects of this disaster on Maui will doubtlessly ripple across the surrounding islands for years to come, and it was only through conversation with friends and colleagues in Hawai’i that WICHE has decided to keep our originally planned location in Honolulu at this time. However, this is an ongoing conversation, and we will continue to ensure that our convening respects the cultural, economic, and material needs of Hawaiians and Hawai’i residents.
If you are interested in supporting the University of Hawai’i community, the UH Foundation has set up three funds. Go to uhfoundation.org/helpmaui. The entirety of your gift will directly support those in need.
Who Should Attend
In attendance you will find colleagues from the WICHE region eager to share the lessons they’ve learned from tackling a host of institutional and academic challenges, including some of the ones you may currently be facing.
- Provosts, vice presidents and directors of academic affairs, and directors of research from public and private bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral institutions.
- Chief executive officers and chief academic officers of systems and statewide agencies.
- Other staff with expertise in the program topic areas, who are accompanying those above at their invitation.
About the Forum
The Western Academic Leadership Forum, based at the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE), provides a unique venue where the West’s top academic leaders share perspectives on current issues to help inform their future decision making and leadership, as well as engage in planning and developing innovative regional initiatives addressing common concerns. Through the Forum, you will find colleagues eager to share the lessons they’ve learned from tackling challenges like the ones you’re facing and others with special expertise who will lend you expert advice and assistance. Together, we will help build a stronger future for higher education in the West.