State Authorization, the State Authorization Network (SAN), and the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)


Institutions of higher education (IHE) that engage in certain interstate educational activities such as serving students, establishing a campus, offering online degrees (including those leading to professional licensure) or advertising must follow the statutes and regulations of the state in which the activity occurs. A state regulatory process for an IHE can involve multiple approvals depending upon the level of activity by the IHE.


  • Year Published : 2017
  • Month Published : May
  • External Link: here