Membership in the Alliance
The Western Alliance of Community College Academic Leaders (the Alliance) provides a unique venue where the West’s top leadership from the two-year community can share common concerns and work together on solutions beyond the scope of a single institution or state. Through the Alliance, you will find colleagues eager to share the lessons they’ve learned from tackling challenges like the ones you’re facing and others with special expertise who will lend you expert advice and assistance. Together, we can build a stronger future for higher education in the West.
- Access to multistate educational networks of people who have the same goals and issues as you.
- Access to a knowledgeable and helpful network of colleagues, including to regional and national experts.
- Opportunity to lead and participate in innovative regional initiatives, including grant-funded projects and technology initiatives.
- Complimentary registration for selected Alliance activities for the member’s official representative; and discounted fees for guests who are staff with expertise in an Alliance meeting topic.
- Chance to serve on the Alliance Executive Committee if selected as the state representative.
Alliance members, located in the WICHE states, are public and private community colleges and technical schools represented by their chief academic officers. System offices and state governing and coordinating boards associated with two-year schools and represented by their chief executive or chief academic officer are also members.
To join the Alliance, complete the application for membership. For questions about eligibility or activities, contact Pat Shea, Alliance director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.541.0302.