Join us for an informal conversation with two experts who have written the books on online teaching, Dr. Tony Bates, author of Teaching in a Digital Age, and Dr. Shannon Riggs, author of Thrive Online: A New Approach to Building Expertise and Confidence as an Online Educator.
Bring your questions and experiences to this conversation.
Our experts will discuss:
• Not all online learning is created equally.
• Trends in online and the rapid move to remote learning in spring 2020.
• Principles of effective teaching in the digital age.
• Frameworks for developing online courses including backward design.
• Advice for academic leaders.
• Quality course design.
• Building and leading teams.