General resources on adult learners
- Fueling the race to PostSecondary success: A 48-Institution Study of prior learning Assessment and adult student outcomes
- American Council on Education’s (ACE) Center for Lifelong Learning
Links to resources for institutions
- The Council for Adult & Experiential Learning: (CAEL) Prior Learning Assessment
- The Council for Adult & Experiential Learning: (CAEL) Adult Learner Focused Institution (ALFI) framework
- The National Center for Academic Transformation — an independent non-profit organization dedicated to the effective use of information technology to improve student learning outcomes and reduce the cost of higher education.
- WCET's Transparency by Design -- an initiative to assist adult learners in becoming educated consumers of distance education.