Can I establish residency in the state where I’m enrolled, while I’m paying the WUE rate?

No. If you want to build time towards establishing residency in another state, schools require you to pay the full nonresident tuition until that residency is legally established. Residency policies vary by state (and college/university), so check with your school’s admissions or residency office for guidance.

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)