Conference Hotel and travel
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina
1441 Quivira Road
San Diego, CA 92109
The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina is located just minutes from the city’s business and entertainment districts in San Diego, CA. Please make your room reservations by asking for the WICHE discounted rate of $165.00 (plus applicable taxes). The cut-off date for the discounted rate is March 20, 2013, unless the block fills earlier. Room costs are the responsibility of the meeting attendees.
Hotel Reservations. To make online reservations: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/Wiche2013
The San Diego International Airport is served by most major airlines. It is approximately 6 miles from the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina.
San Diego Airport Shuttle: The Cloud 9 Shuttle runs 24 hours daily with service to San Diego International Airport (SAN). Fare is approximately $13.00 USD per person/one way. Call 800-974-8885 for reservations. San Diego International Airport is located approximately five miles, or 15 minutes from Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa & Marina hotel. Check airport schedules by clicking here.
San Diego Taxi Services: Fare is approximately $23.00 USD from the hotel to San Diego International Airport via Yellow Cab.
Driving instructions to Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina from San Diego International Airport
- Start out going west on N Harbor Dr toward McCain Rd.
- Turn right onto Nimitz Blvd - Nimitz Blvd becomes Sunset Cliffs Blvd. - Sunset Cliffs Blvd becomes Sea World Dr.
- Merge onto W Mission Bay Dr toward Ingraham Street
- Turn left onto Quivira Rd.
- Turn right to stay on Quivira Rd.
- 1441 QUIVIRA RD is on the left.
What to Wear
Dress for the meeting is business casual. The average temperature in the San Diego area in April is 68 degrees. Some of our events will be outside, weather permitting.
San Diego offers every kind of activity imaginable; from world-renowned attractions, unlimited outdoor recreation, a thriving arts and culture community, sightseeing tours and award-winning restaurants, you’re sure to find a host of things to entertain and inspire.
Below are a few possibilities if you arrive before the meeting begins or stay afterwards.
- Sea World - (www.seaworld.com), The awe-inspiring power and beauty of the sea is everywhere at SeaWorld San Diego. Get up-close to all of its mesmerizing creatures – gentle manatees, graceful dolphins, playful penguins, fascinating sharks and so much more. From the tiniest starfish to the ocean’s biggest star, Shamu, SeaWorld is alive with the ocean’s wonders.
- San Diego Zoo – (www.sandiegozoo.org) The San Diego Zoo is among the best and most beautiful zoos in the U.S. One of the pioneers in the use of natural habitat exhibits, as opposed to traditional iron-bar cages, the zoo allows guests up-close views of an incredible variety of animals.
- Coronado Island – (www.coronadovisitorcenter.com) Across the soaring bridge from downtown San Diego is Coronado, a relaxed Southern California beach town, boasting one of the world's best beaches, endless sunshine, and a bayside overlooking San Diego's skyline. Coronado is home to the Hotel del Coronado, the Victorian beach-front masterpiece that is a national treasure.
- Balboa Park – (www.balboapark.org) Balboa Park is made up of more than 1000 acres and offers fifteen museums, various gardens, arts and international culture associations, as well as the San Diego Zoo, making it a place that offers something historical, horticultural, educational and recreational for everyone. Approximately 14 million visitors come to the park each year. Displays of internationally significant art treasures, exotic animal species, unique model railroads, world folk art, sports memorabilia and rare aircraft–to name a few–are on view in the Park's museums.
- USS Midway Aircraft Carrier - (www.midway.org) Imagine experiencing life at sea aboard one of America’s longest-serving aircraft carriers. Visitors to the USS Midway Museum enter a floating city at sea and walk in the footsteps of 225,000 Midway sailors who served our country and upheld the American ideals of strength, freedom and peace.
- San Diego Air & Space Museum – (www.sandiegoairandspace.org) Science, space and aviation history all unfold at the San Diego Air & Space Museum - California’s Official Air and Space Museum. An affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, the Museum houses a collection of historic aircraft and spacecraft from all over the world, including a working flying replica of Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis, the actual Apollo 9 Command Module spacecraft and the only real GPS satellite on display in the world. The Museum also offers interactive exhibits including MaxFlight® and Space Shuttle simulators plus dynamic, hands-on and ever-changing traveling exhibitions.