Western Alliance Sidebar
- 2023 Alliance Annual Meeting
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Programming and Resources
- Past Annual Meetings
- Meet the Alliance Team
2023 Alliance Annual Meeting
Registration and Logistics
All attendees must register in advance for the Alliance 2023 Annual Meeting. The official program’s registration fee is waived for nonmember speakers and for each Alliance member’s official representative. All others must pay the appropriate fees listed below.
Registration for the 2023 Annual Meeting is now closed.
|Registration Type||Early Bird Registration
Through August 18, 2023
Registration ends September 12, 2023
|Executive Committee Member||$145||$195|
COVID Safety Protocols
COVID-19 is continuing to spread throughout our communities, and the nature of the virus continues to evolve. WICHE relies on the guidance of the CDC and local entities to determine the organization’s protocols. We strongly encourage participants attending the 2023 Alliance Annual Meeting to consider your overall wellness and to consider testing prior to attending the event.
We will have sanitizer, masks, disinfectant wipes, and rapid-tests available. Please be considerate of your fellow attendees and respect those that ask for more space or who choose to wear a mask.
We ask that you do not attend the event if you are ill and/or have recently been exposed to COVID-19.
We will continue to closely monitor all guidelines and regulations and will update safety protocols as appropriate.
**Please note, we will not refund registration fees for attendees who do not comply with any state or county requirements.
A cancellation request must be received in writing prior to September 12, 2023 to receive a refund, less a $100 processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations after the September 12 deadline. WICHE/the Alliance is not responsible for canceling hotel reservations.
Send cancellation requests to:
Attn: Kay Hulstrom
3035 Center Green Drive
Boulder, CO 80301
Meeting attendees are required to make their own reservations for flights to Tacoma and for the Hotel Murano.
The deadline for reserving a room within the Alliance’s block is 5pm on Tuesday, September 12, 2023 unless the block fills sooner. We encourage you to book your hotel when you register for the meeting.
The Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is served by most major airlines. It is approximately 24 miles from the Hotel Murano in Tacoma, WA.
Taxi – Fare is approximately $65.00 USD from SEA to the hotel.
Rideshare-based apps like Uber and Lyft can pickup at the Seattle Tacoma International Airport. Passengers can find the majority of app based rideshare pick-up areas in the middle of the 3rd floor of the on-site parking garage in the marked stall numbers 1 – 34 in the orange and purple sections of the garage.
Dress for the meeting is business casual. The average temperature in the Seattle area in October is moderately cool and slightly humid with a good chance of light rain. Average temperature is between 60°F to of 45°F.
The Tacoma Museum District includes six major museums in Tacoma’s downtown core.
- The Tacoma Art Museum collection of more than 5,300 works emphasizes the art and artists of the Northwest and broader western region.
- The Museum of Glass is a premier contemporary art museum dedicated to glass and glassmaking in the West Coast’s largest and most active museum glass studio.
- The Chihuly Bridge of Glass is a 500 foot pedestrian walkway that connects the Museum of Glass to the Washington State History Museum.
- The Washington State History Museum partners with local communities to explore how history connects us all.
- The LeMay America Car Museum spotlights America’s love affair with the car.
- The Foss Waterway Seaport is a century-old restored shipping warehouse and maritime heritage educational center.
- The Children’s Museum of Tacoma features hands-on exhibits and an art studio for children of all ages to learn and play.
The Ruston Way Waterfront connects downtown Tacoma to Point Defiance and provides a 2 mile stretch of paved walking trail and scenic views of the South Puget Sound.