Conference Hotel and travel
Hilton San Francisco Financial District
750 Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Tel: 415 - 433 - 6600
Fax: 415 - 765 - 7891
The Hilton San Francisco Financial District is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, CA. Please make your room reservations by asking for the WICHE discounted rate of $169.00 (plus applicable taxes). The cut-off date for the discounted rate is March 8, 2013, unless the block fills earlier. Room costs are the responsibility of the meeting attendees.
Hotel Reservations. To make online reservations: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/S/SFOFDHF-WICHE-20130331/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
The San Francisco International Airport is served by most major airlines. It is approximately 20 minutes from the Hilton San Francisco Financial District.
Taxis from the San Francisco International airport cost approximately $50.00 one way to the Hilton Financial Center. Taxis are available on the lower level of the airport just outside of the baggage claim area. It is recommended to take the taxis that are San Francisco taxis vs. taxis from another city. Please tell the driver that you are going to the Hilton Financial Center on Kearny Street. A taxi back to the airport is approximately $45. The Hilton Concierge staff will help guests secure a taxi back to the airport.
Shuttles are available for approximately $16.00 a person to and from the airport. The shuttle service is on the upper level of the airport at the island with the signage “Shared Ride”. The Hilton recommends “Go Lorries” shuttle service. Shuttles leave the Hilton every 30 minutes (intervals are 5 minutes before the hour and 25 minutes after). The Hilton Concierge staff can help secure a shuttle ride back to the airport with some advance notice.
Driving instructions to Hilton San Francisco Financial District from San Francisco International Airport
- Take US-101 North toward San Francisco
- Take I80 East toward Bay Bridge/Oakland
- Take Exit 2 toward Last S F Exit
- Take a slight left onto Bryant Street
Take 1st left onto 3rd Street. 3rd Street becomes Kearney Street.
What to Wear
Dress for the meeting is business casual. The average temperature in the San Francisco area in April is 63 degrees.
Only in San Francisco can you find so many tours, one-of-a-kind sights and ohter attractions. Activities within the city of San Francisco and around the Bay Area are limitless. Below are a few possibilities if you arrive before the meeting begins or stay afterwards. More information is available at the San Francisco Travel website: http://www.sanfrancisco.travel/todo/.
- Alcatraz - (www.alcatraztickets.com/). Tour Alcatraz, the infamous and notorious former federal prison, which is home to the likes of Al Capone, George "Machine Gun" Kelley, and Robert "The Birdman" Stroud.
- Aquarium of the Bay - (www.aquariumofthebay.com/) Share a cocktail with a shark as you stroll through crystal tunnels just inches away from 20,000 of the San Francisco Bay's most amazing marine animals. Sevengill sharks - the Bay's largest predators - circling overhead are a great conversation starter. Visit the lair of the Giant Pacific Octopus and enter the mesmerizing world of Moon Jellies. Enjoy panoramic views of the Bay from the Farallon Room and East Deck.
- Muir Woods National Park - (www.nps.gov/muwo/index.htm) When John Muir learned that William and Elizabeth Kent were naming a redwood forest near San Francisco in his honor, he declared, "This is the best tree-lovers monument that could possibly be found in all the forests of the world." The couple had purchased the land to preserve its beauty and restful wilderness; and in 1908, they donated it to the federal government to protect it from destruction.
- Napa Valley Wine Country - (napavalley.com/) Napa Valley is one of the premier travel destinations in the world. Breathtaking views abound at every turn – mustard in the late winter, picturesque rolling hills planted with vineyards year-round and wineries of every stature dot the landscape. Whether you are wine tasting, dining at renowned restaurants like the French Laundry, pampering yourself with a mud bath in Calistoga, or just enjoying your stay at quaint bed & breakfasts, hotels or resorts ... Napa Valley is your spot of heaven on earth.