- Browse Initiatives
- WICHE Region
The number of Ohio high school grads is expected to decline by more than 13,000 by 2032, according to a report released in December by WICHE.
In terms of its number of high school graduates, says WICHE President Joe Garcia, Missouri is in the middle of a dip that will last at least a few more years.
Online education enrollment has continued to grow according to the new report, Digital Learning Compass: Digital Education Enrollment Report 2017. The overall enrollment in higher education, however, has fallen in the past three years.
Online enrollment continues to grow as the total number of students in college shrinks. The growth is particularly strong at private nonprofit colleges, report finds.
In fall 2012, the University of Phoenix soared above other distance education providers. At the time, more than 256,000 students took at least one online course there -- nearly 200,000 more than the next institution on the list. Southern New Hampshire University, by the same metric, ranked 50th.
- Five WICHE Commissioners appointed, two reappointed
- WRGP adds 50 graduate programs
- Reports released on tuition and fees in Western states, distance education enrollment
- Interstate Passport Network announces new members
- College in High School Alliance kicks off
WICHE Media Inquiries
Director of Strategic Communications
Portland State University Receives 2017 Academic Leaders Toolkit Award at the Western Academic Leadership Forum Annual Meeting
University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges Receives 2017 Inaugural Bernice Joseph Award at the Western Alliance of Community College Academic Leaders Annual Meeting
NUMBER OF HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES ACROSS AMERICA LEVELING OFF; MINORITY GRADS RISING, TO BE NEAR MAJORITY SOON
Patricia Sullivan Elected Chair of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
Policy Alerts and Stat Alerts
Policy Analysis and Research Resources
- Policy Home
- Benchmarks: WICHE Region 2016
- Knocking at the College Door High School Graduate Projections
- Legislative Advisory Committee
- Policy Publications Clearinghouse
- Regional Factbook for Higher Education in the West
- State Higher Education Policy Database
- Tuition and Fees in Public Higher Education in the West
- Western Policy Exchanges
- WICHE Policy Insights
- Policy Archive
- About Us
- WICHE Directory
- WICHE FAQs