March 2016 WICHE NEWSCAP
- Nearly 38,000 students benefitting from WICHE exchange programs in 2015-16.
- Six new states now working on development of Interstate Passport.
- WCET report looks at policies, practices affecting adjunct faculty teaching online.
- ACCN webinar focuses on advising adult learners.
Record number of students benefiting this year from tuition- reciprocity agreements in WICHE states.
Through the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP), and the Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP), more than 37,700 residents of 15 Western states and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands are currently enrolled at reduced levels of tuition in a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. According to WICHE’s AY 2015-16 Statistical Report, which covers fall 2015 enrollments for the three exchange programs.
January 2016 WICHE NewsCap
In this month’s NewsCap learn about opportunities to increase higher education collaborations across institutions in North America as well as an upcoming joint meeting on April 19 – 22 of two- and four-year institutions’ and state-level chief academic officers in Missoula. Other news items include the appointment of two new WICHE Commissioners, details about the June 8-9 WCET Leadership Summit in Salt Lake City that will focus on strategies to create a connected credentialing system, an update on WICHE’s Interstate Passport Initiative, and the availability of new WICHE publications and webinars
- Message from WICHE President David Longanecker
- Upcoming summit, webinars focused on connecting credentials
- 2015 WCET awards for eLearning leadership and innovation
- Impact of high school mentoring programs in Alaska, Idaho
- New WICHE Commission appointees